W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited also trading as Whakatane Electrical Contractors was formed in 1978 to provide comprehensive, high quality electrical services for industrial, and commercial applications as well as motor rewinding, sales and maintenance of pumps and Instrumentation.
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited also provides domestic, commercial and rural electrical services under the trading name of Coastline Electrical BOP.
The company is locally owned and is based in workshop premises at Gateway Drive, Whakatane. The company routinely has up to 25 highly skilled, qualified trades people working on major Industrial sites and construction or capital development projects throughout the Bay of Plenty region.
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited has a proven record of success in terms of both the timely completion of contracted services and the installation and maintenance of electrical systems, which surpass contractual requirements.
Our areas of particular expertise include:
- Project management.
- Domestic, commercial and industrial electrical installation.
- Electrical and instrumentation system maintenance.
- Industrial project design-and-build.
- Out source Fibre optic cable termination and jointing.
1. Transfield Data and Communications.
2. Cable and Data Services Tauranga.
- Computer networking on large industrial and commercial sites.
- Installation and commissioning of industrial computer control systems.
- PLC control installation and commissioning.
- 11,000-volt cable laying and jointing.
- Instrumentation services.
- Fault finding.
- Electrical Inspections.
- Motor rewinding.
- Farm and Horticultural work.
Services and Facilities
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited offers a full range of electrical and instrumentation maintenance and installation services. We have ready access to additional qualified trades’ people if required for larger projects, and have the flexibility to move staff between work sites to meet any urgent needs as they arise.
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited offers a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week callout service and can typically have the required staff on-site within one hour of callout.
Our Gateway Drive workshop offers full technical equipment back-up and additional equipment is held at our satellite workshop in Kawerau.
Electrical Motor Rewinding
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited has a full-scale electric motor rewinding and reconditioning service, which includes sophisticated analytical technology designed to quickly identify motor faults and determine whether repairs are viable. This avoids unnecessary cost to our clients and ensures motors are serviced and available for use as soon as possible.
We carry a range of spares, from 0.37kw to 250kw motors.
Motors are currently supplied to all major industrial sites and contractors in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited has provided electrical and installation maintenance and installation services for the Carter Holt Harvey Kawerau Tissue Mill and Carter Holt Harvey Whakatane Packaging Mill for many years. Similar services have been provided at Norske Skog Paper’s Tasman Mill in Kawerau. The company has also worked extensively at Environment Bay of Plenty flood pump stations, and the Fonterra Edgecumbe site.
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited has developed a comprehensive range of quality assurance procedures, which ensure that all activities meet our own, and our clients’ requirements.
Health and Safety
W.E.C. (New Zealand) Limited is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for company employees, client employees and members of the public.
Our Company has a strong commitment to;
- Quality Management.
- Quality of Service.
- Understanding and fulfilling our customers needs.
- Encouraging an environment for achievement, enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Using modern technology to enhance our efficiency with both new techniques and training.
- Ensuring a safe work environment.
- Permit Issuing and receiving.
- Prevention of Environmental damage or contamination.